This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

reuse an image?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have imaged with both Win 8 native imaging program and Macrium reflect freeware. I want to test my Macrium image. I have used the disc and gone as far as the last step before recovery and all seems ok. That does not mean the image will recover properly. Can I create a new updated image, test it, and if it tests ok, keep for future use, or should I create another new image? Peter

Can I create a new updated image, test it, and if it tests ok, keep for future use, or should I create another new image?

I can't see the point of creating another image if the current one tests OK. In fact I can't see the point in testing an image as if it was not made correctly, MR will let you know it before you close the program.

I have used Macrium Reflect for years and it is solid and easy to use. For basic C: imaging or partition imaging, the free version is fast and extremely reliable.
I just completed imaging with Macrium and it did my system almost twice as fast as Acronis used to. ON the other hand, my Win program is a dog but serves as a backup. I tested Macrium and it recovered beautifully and the fastest I have ever used.
Hi Donna, I have removed your active link to graphical image applications and services, as the topic here was concerned with disc imaging.(not graphics) Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI