Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91806 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

No Connections Available

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mekap04

mekap04

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

I woke up and discovered that my Windows 7 PC has no connections available. Called ISP provider and they said the modem was working fine and I'm getting a good signal. Called netgear (wireless usb adapter company) and they were not helpful. Rebooted the computer after disabling adapter and re-enabling it - didn't work. Reset wireless adapter and plugged it into different usb port - that didn't work. Device manager says the device is working properly. I don't know what is going on.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Please do the folowing:

Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.