This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

DVD/CD Drive Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. My DVD/CD drive is not operating. When I used device manager and checked the properties for the drive I got the following message: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Sorry, guys. I found the problem and fixed it.
It's good that you fixed your problem. But, it is often times helpful to post what was wrong and HOW you fixed it for other readers in the future. If someone is searching for the same problem, this thread is worthless to them. Its one of my pet peeves when I am looking for answers in forums. You search and find your exact problem, look through the thread for an answer and it ends in a "Thanks for your help guys, but I fixed it."

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI