This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

DVD rom won't run

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I changed power supplies on my AcerPower SV computer running Windows XP when I tried to reinstall a game. To my surprised, the disk drive no longer runs. I tried Windows troubleshooter and it said that Windows loaded the software for the device but cannot find the device–Code 41. I know power is going to the drive as the power light goes on and I can hear the disk running for about 5 or 6 seconds. On the Device Manager, the DVD drive is highlighted yellow. When I tried to install another DVD drive, I got a Code 19 for the Samsung DVD-rom. Any suggestions? Johnny
My best guess is the cable(s) have been disturbed, it doesn't take much to upset them sometimes, could even be a faulty cable, more so if they are old, they really don't like being moved, so gently check the cables and try and make sure they are sat right without having to stretch round anything, or try another cable if possible, hope that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI