Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Inbox cleanup request

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gibber1600

Gibber1600

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

I lost the last 3 years of e-mails. Any way of getting them back? @%@&en microsoft!!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

You didn't supply any useful information. What Operating System? What program do you use to read E-mail? What happened that caused the loss of E-mail? Who do you use for E-mail? Do you do regular backups, either image or just important data (E-mail, documents, pictures, music, etc.)? If not you should start doing so as soon as this is fixed.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Gibber1600

Gibber1600

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sorry, Thanks for responding so quickly. XP Outlook Express They asked to clean up my inbox Shaw (Canada) I did a system restore and didn't seem to restore nothing. Are these gone forever? My emails from 2003-2009 ar still there but not anything current.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

You keep all your mail in your Inbox? Yikes.

Why would Shaw ask you to cleanup your Inbox since it resides on your computer. Are you talking about an Inbox on their Web mail server?

How did you cleanup the Inbox in OE?

System Restore only backups up the registry and system files. It does nothing with anything else, including mail. That's why I said you need to start backing this stuff up yourself.

You can give Recuva free a try. It's pretty good at recovering deleted files but the less you use the computer before running Recuva the better chance it has of finding things.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown