wgan
Topic Starter
Good day,
I have recently uninstalled a program that runs a PC game using the Windows Add and Remove Programs function. However, after the uninstall process, that program is still listed on the Windows Add and Remove Program function. Subsequent attempts to uninstall that program completely using Windows Add and Remove Program function has been unsuccessful. Each of these unsuccessful attempts resulted in a dialog box popping up to indicate that "An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified".
I tried uninstalling the remains of this program with other uninstaller, e.g. YourUninstaller, Easy Uninstaller, and CCleaner, but to no avail. The same dialog box pops up each time I tried to uninstall with these Uninstallers.
Could somebody please advise?
Could I just go to the folder of that games program and delete the whole thing safely?
The files reside in a folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\. These three files are only shortcut files of the deleted program. The three shortcuts are for a ReadMe file, the Uninstaller for the games, and the games program launcher.
Information on my PC:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 4:25:39 AM, on 26-Jun-05
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Thank you.
Regards,
wgan