This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

system restore

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Is it true I have to wait about a week for restore points to acumulate before I can configure it after a reformat where all points rwere obviously deleted? If I recall, I had this problem when I first got the pc. Please see the attachment. Thank you
Thank you for the help. I noticed there was a folder called 'missing' beside the C: also called C:. I deleted all points from it and it disappeared. I also ran the os disc and chose repair. I performed a restore from the disc and perhaps that helped, I really don't know. I hope this is the end of the issue. Now it seems to work.
Rich I admit I am confused right now -sorry. 1- check disc would not work so did a recover and it worked 2-system restore would not so did it from os disc and it worked 3-check disc would not work conventionally and I ran a command line prompt to make it work that way It said F parameter can't be found and check disc is in read only mode. I do not know how to fix it. To answer your question, I thought the thread was about system restore and i wrote back that i removed the extraC: folder so it would work; I thought that pertained to the thread. These two issues seem to be intermingled. Sorry about the confusion, really.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI