This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet won't connect after virus romoval

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well, I was hit with a nasty virus while playing a game on facebook. After removing it I could no longer connect to the Internet. I have spent the last day reading so many different blogs and post with advice, yet nothing has worked. I use Mozilla primarily, and when I try to access any browser, a "server not found" error message appears instead of the webpage. After fooling around a bit, I activated private browsing. Nothing worked after that, but after deactivating private browsing the main yahoo home page appeared, yet any link from there still would not work. Is there any further help available? This is happening at the worst time! :(
Juwayyid, I work in the IT industry and most of the malware I have seen recently does break your internet connection. It also usually comes with a rootkit component.

These buggers are not too difficult to remove, but it needs to be done properly. If Ztruker's recommendation does not restore your internet your best bet is to head on over to the malware removal forum. You'll need to work with a helper there to make sure your system really is clean and then restore the affected file that has broken your internet connection. They'll have the right tools and instructions to get you back on the right track.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI