This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Problem Accessing A Web-site

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I go to one particular site: http://www.hovabikefair.tk/, and receive only a
blank page. I can go in and change my "restricted" sites settings to low
and it will display properly (but is not a restricted site).

I have added the address to "trusted sites" and yet still will not open
properly without changing the settings on restricted sites…………

Suggestions PLEASE,

Larry
Not there, this is all under "etc": 127.0.0.1 localhost 127.0.0.1 www.igetnet.com 127.0.0.1 code.ignphrases.com 127.0.0.1 clear-search.com 127.0.0.1 r1.clrsch.com 127.0.0.1 sds.clrsch.com 127.0.0.1 status.clrsch.com 127.0.0.1 www.clrsch.com 127.0.0.1 clr-sch.com 127.0.0.1 sds-qckads.com 127.0.0.1 status.qckads.com Larry
The site is just showing an upcoming biker event our club may be interested in. I can access the site, but page is just blank; just a plain white page……..but yet, change the security settings under restricted sites and page displays properly. Tried to access using IP number and does not even access the site, receive an error. Computer is not on a network, do have another computer connected, both through a router, but not networked. Larry
Well, seem to have found the problem, but not really sure what I am looking at. Someone at a IE 6 web-site suggested I try these different commands to help me see details about the site. He suggested an Alt-V, v which he said would show any site that may have been directed through (have not idea about what all this means), but guess what; it showed 2 sites, the one I was at and another one, www.freewebs.com that IS listed in my restricted sites…….. I am assuming this is the problem but not sure what I am seeing, lol. Anyway, thanks all for assistance. Larry
Well, I'm not sure why www.freewebs.com would be on your restricted zone…. its just a webhosting… Go to internet explorer ->tools-> internet options then click on the security tab Click on the red circle entitled restricted zone then click the button called "sites" search for www.freewebs.com and hit remove hope this helps wng
Yep, took care of it. I have not personally added any sites to the restricted zone but assume programs like Spyware Blaster and others I am running have. Not sure why this particular site was listed there, but not any more. Larry
Glad to help :lol:

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI