Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox and IE cant find server sometimes!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 behemoth29

behemoth29

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

Hey guys, ive got my laptop (running vista) connected wirelessly to the internet through my pc(running xp). Myproblem is that only recently about 60% of the time i open my browsers i get the server not found message in firefox and a similar one with IE despite the dsl line being fine and still being connected to msn. Other threads ive read people said that simply refreshing the page gets the page to load eventually but thats not the case here i have to disconnect and reconnect and then it may work for a little while. I dont know if its a dns problem or something else anyone got any advice???

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 sniper

sniper

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

It seems to be problem related with your internet connection. Did you get in touch with your ISP?

#3 behemoth29

behemoth29

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:51 AM

apparently everything is fine as far as the connection goes...the other computers have no problems only the one

#4 Noobie07

Noobie07

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Whoa, I thought that is was only me with this problem...
I'm using Wireless internet on a Vista and internet browsers won't even load at certain times. (Both Firefox and IE)
If I restart my laptop, the Internet browser will work just fine again, but, after a while,
it will stop loading pages...
I remember from earlier days of that laptop we never had a problem.
I've done countless scans and nothing popped up...(yet)

Maybe our problem is the wireless router itself...what kind do you have???
I have a Linksys, Model Number (WRT54GS)

#5 behemoth29

behemoth29

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hey i still have this problem, im using a dlink dl-524UP router

#6 vnvnvn2000

vnvnvn2000

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

before you go into virus testing, have a look at the following: 1. in CLI enter "ipconfig /flushdns" 2. try to manually enter your provider's DNS, or even better - call support and have them check whether they can resolve your adresses. 3. check c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to see whether there are entries that concern your websites there. if so, comment them out, or erase them