Hey guys, ive got my laptop (running vista) connected wirelessly to the internet through my pc(running xp). Myproblem is that only recently about 60% of the time i open my browsers i get the server not found message in firefox and a similar one with IE despite the dsl line being fine and still being connected to msn. Other threads ive read people said that simply refreshing the page gets the page to load eventually but thats not the case here i have to disconnect and reconnect and then it may work for a little while. I dont know if its a dns problem or something else anyone got any advice???
Whoa, I thought that is was only me with this problem…
I'm using Wireless internet on a Vista and internet browsers won't even load at certain times. (Both Firefox and IE)
If I restart my laptop, the Internet browser will work just fine again, but, after a while,
it will stop loading pages…
I remember from earlier days of that laptop we never had a problem.
I've done countless scans and nothing popped up…(yet)
Maybe our problem is the wireless router itself…what kind do you have???
I have a Linksys, Model Number (WRT54GS)
before you go into virus testing, have a look at the following:
1. in CLI enter "ipconfig /flushdns"
2. try to manually enter your provider's DNS, or even better - call support and have them check whether they can resolve your adresses.
3. check c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to see whether there are entries that concern your websites there. if so, comment them out, or erase them
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI