Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cannot access webpage!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mattem

mattem

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:18 AM

Hi, I have been trying to access a website (which i have under my favourite links) but cant access it. When i try i get a page up saying ' 404 not found'. It seems that its only this website i cant access. I have run super antispyware and malwarebytes anti malware and were no problems(and a full scan with kaspersky) Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hi mattem, please provide a link to the web site so we can try it. It may be temporarily out of service or actually gone.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 mattem

mattem

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Sorry, it must have been teh website as i can acces it now. I thought it was my computer as i googled a website that apparently checks to see if the website was online and it said it was (during the period i couldnt access it). Also, i had googled what '404 not found' meant and most responses seemed to say/imply it was a problem with the client rather than teh servers/sites. All good now :yeah: thanks for the reply.

#4 satsensort

satsensort

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Guys if its an HTTP 404 Error . then its something to be done with the Proxy servers of the browsers.. im not pretty sure how to resolve.. but u need to go to IE- > tools - > internet options - > Connections - > Lan settings - > and u need to change some settings over there .. Til that all those above steps are correct.. After tat im not sure wat to do..change some settings on the LAN and try it will be resolved.. Thanks Satsensort :P

#5 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the reply Satsensort, and welcome to What the Tech. However, this topic is almost 3 months old, so a little stale to be adding additional information. I would hope the original poster would have solved their problem by now, and their topic reply email notifications automatically expire after two weeks with no reply. 404 is a very generic error code, which in layman's terms means that nobody's home. Or, more technically, your computer sent a request, but the server where the site is hosted couldn't find what was requested.
Posted Image