This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

GPU Failure? Or bad install?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My system specs are: (i know it's old) Abit KR7A w/ Raid 2.25gb DDR RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600 gs Overclocked AMD XP 2600+ OKIA-450ATX PSU etc… I have Win7 Ultimate installed. I also have GTA San Andreas. The game is perfect. Runs fast and everything, but it has a HORRIBLE glitching problem. I attached a picture. When i play the game it looks like this. If i pause the game, go to advanced graphics settings in the GTA menu, and change the Anti Aliasing setting, or the Frame Limiter setting, gameplay looks normal… for a second. Then it goes back to this. It returns the game to normal looks, and a second later, this carp**. I have VNC running in the background as a client, so could that be it? I will try that in a minute. PLEASE someone help me. I have never encountered this before :(

Attachments:

Hi XEZUS, Turn off Anti-Aliasing completely and turn down the screen resolution settings, especially if they are on max. That CPU (even if overclocked) and that card are not up to the demands of Anti-Aliasing or any other tweaked up settings. Try the game on plain settings without enhancements and see how you go. Cheers, Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI