Hello,
I just downloaded Windows 7 on my Computer, And it worked properly with the whole set-up. I installed all the things I needed, Internet Browsers etc. And when I opened up Skype, It said "Can't Detect Sound Card" under the microphone and speaker settings.
Please help! I don't want to go and buy a new sound card just because of this.
And I'm not exactly sure if I put this topic in the right section ; If not, Please someone who can move it to the correct section do so.
Hi, sorry to hear about the sound problem.
When you installed Win 7 did you remember to download all the drivers for your sound etc?
If you haven't done this yet (and installed them) then that is the next thing to do) assuming of course that you have your antivirus and firewall up and running and all critical/important Windows updates downloaded and installed.
Regards
paws
Processor:
Intel ® Pentium ® D CPU 3.00GHz (2CPUs)
Memory:
2048 MB RAM (2GB)
Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS 512MB
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) SP3 Verison 2003. Dunno what that last bit means but yeah.
That doesn't help. Is this a brand computer (Dell, HP, etc.) or a custom built. If brand, what is the make and model number.
If not, is the sound on board (built into the mother board) or a separate PCI card. Id on board, what is the make and model number of the mother board. If PCI, what is it's make and model number.
If it's a Dell, what is the service tag number?
Still have not given me what I need. Please answer the questions I asked.
If onboard, make and model of mother board.
If PCI, make and model of card.
Thanks
Sorry didn't wanted to interrupt since tech team is handling the situation.
But maybe the problem that you're having now is that "PandaManda" don't know how to check that kind of things.
So this is how i do it.
From along time ago I'm using program like Aida32 for this kinda of situation. It a program basically to gather all system info.
So you download that program and open it will take a while.
And look for motherboard or sound card info (model is basically what you need)
By the way there are probably better substitutes now since that program is about 4 years old or more.
Maybe device manager would give you the same info but I'm just used to Aida.
Of course there are a manual way to check it
Motherboard - for most of the times look for the biggest words on it (it should sound like intel pearl +few numbers in the end or maxtor…blahblahblah)
hope you get an idea + if you cant find that, you can look for number on the biggest chip on motherboard most of the times its unique and if you add it in internet you will get your motherboard model name.
Same goes for the sound card.
Vendigo, you raise a valid point. I should have provided a method to find the information. I've not used Aida in a long time as I prefer System Information fro Windows.
Download System Information for Windows (SIW).
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and download SIW Without Installer (English-Only).
From the location you saved it, run siw.exe (no installation required).
Collapse Software and Expand Hardware. Click on Motherboard. Select all the displayed info with the mouse then click on File, Copy to clipboard. Paste into a response here please.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI