This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No sound--not sure if driver issue, soundcard issue--PLEASE HELP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey everyone, I had a major issue with windows last week-windows become inoperable and i had to do a full system recovery. I lost everything…and am working on getting everything working again. My issue now is that i cannot get my sound to work…..I'm not sure if it is a soundcard issue (i'm not sure if i have a soundcard), a driver issue (I have a pci device with a yellow exclamation point) PCI device Pci bus 0, device 27 drivers not installed (code 28). I'm also getting a no active mixer devices available, install mixer device. I have windows xp and mozilla any help or suggestions–i'm going nuts trying to figure this out and i'm not that good at it….. Pretty please help me :wall:
Hi connemara22, welcome. The yellow mark in Device Manager is almost certainly your sound card/chip. What is the make and model number of your computer, or if it's a home made computer, what is the make and model of the system board or the PCI Sound card.
I have a gateway that i believe the soundcard was pre installed in. I think i have it working though……How can i end this thread so that people aren't worried about helping me…..I think i have it fixed and i'd rather you guys work on someone else's! IF it's not working i will post again later.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI