I'm not sure where this fall into but I recently was able to get microphone for my computer and started using the word configuration on windows 7.
But when I put the microphone in my speakers on my PC quit working. But somebody please tell me what to do so that my speakers work with my microphone plunged in. And I can hear anyone speaking to me along with any sounds in the background through the speakers. Thank you.
Running windows 7 pro
Hi, Sorry to hear about the sound problem
We need a bit more information to help you:
1 Desktop or laptop computer?
2 Make and model number of computer
3 Make, type and model number of your microphone.
4 Where are you plugging in the microphone? (front, back or sides?)
5 What is the colour of the socket where you are plugging in the microphone, and what is the symbol named on it?
6 Are the speakers built in to your VDU or are they separate (stand alone units) or part of a laptop computer?
If you post back with the information one of us will get back to you
Regards
paws
I agree with paws - we need more information. I would like to amend his # 2 however to providing the make and model number of the motherboard if this computer was self or custom built locally and not factory assembled by Dell, HP, etc. My initial "guess" (assuming nothing is physically damaged) is your microphone jack may be configured for headset operation (mic and headphones in one device) and the speakers are intentionally disabled to prevent audio feedback and to provide some privacy and relative peace and quiet from fellow cubicled neighbors. You might look at the properties and configuration options for your sound (Control Panel > Sound).
I would also probably try another microphone too - just to quickly eliminate yours from the equation.
1desktop
2 home build (checked the caples all ready. one the mic headset cant be pluged in no plug on the mb for going to look for a iditic adio extion for it to day, one that came with the pc wasnot working right)
A the motherbored adio no longer works at all! so am useing the front adio jacks of a compaq
3 philips sbc HM200
4answered in 2a
5 color pink, a mic
6 stand alone compaq speakers
i cant complane someone throw it away and i got ahold of it and fixed it
well the mb adio does work i just have to 'ram' the plugs in and hold it in the same spot!
??? Please - some of us are "old school" and and many here don't speak English as a native language. Proper spelling helps ensure two-way communication and understanding, and therefore, the correct advice.
Since you seem, if I understand correctly, to have several problems with this system, you may need to look at other alternatives - like a USB microphone.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI