This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Skype

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is on my wifes notebook thingy its an ASUS using win xp. The basic problem seems to be that skype cannot detect the sound card although all was working fine a week or so ago maybe longer knowing my wife. When using skype I can rceive video in and sound in, the recipient can receive video from me but no sound. I have checked the usual volume controls but the one for microphone keeps returning to mute default. I have also used the sound check for skype and it doesnt playback my recording. I have tried renaming the old skype files so forcing a fresh one to be created but that didnt work…same problem with mic. There have been know major changes or downloads to the laptop that I am aware of. Any help or guidance appreciated. Scudo
Does the machine use a built-in microphone? If not, double-check to confirm that microphone is plugged in to the correct socket and is well seated.
The problem was ASUS has its own sound control section which had the mic turned off, how that happened I do not know but all working and skype reinstalled and all ok.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI