Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

software to download streaming videos!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

hi, i want to know if there is any software or application using which i can download streaming videos? actually, i want to download those videos for offline viewing as i dont have good net connection at home so i was thinking of downloading those tutorial videos from office and then watch them offline.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:37 AM

First open Internet Explorer then click Internet Options on the Tools menu. And click the Security tab in internet options for choosing a lower security level for the Internet zone, finally click OK.

Edited by Doug, 09 August 2011 - 11:31 AM.
answer is non-responsive

#3 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

JohnRocks, This is not the answer to the query that I asked. Was this by mistake?

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Websites are persistently working to make it hard and hopefully to prevent you from downloading their streaming content. That is because they put a lot of effort and often money into making the content available from their website as a streaming presentation. The content may be copyright protected by their own site, and/or they have have an agreement with an original copyright owner to use the media on their website. Other attempts to protect and limit access to streaming media may be related to member-only, registered user only, and/or age-limit groups. Let's face facts here. Much of the effort to capture streaming media is illegal in some jurisdiction or even most jurisdictions. I'm referring to efforts to capture streaming media, without reference to the topic content. The Stainless Steel Industry Association of America may have an engineering tutorial as streaming media that they wish to make available to their members-only. Other more popular sites may have entertainment streaming media, for which they have paid and wish to be paid per view or via associated advertisement. You wouldn't be asking for an easy method to accomplish the task, if you hadn't encountered one or more of the above cited restrictions. With the above said, there is a similar, parallel, and persistent effort to subvert protection and capture streaming media. Some third-party websites will do it for you. Some third-party software tools, and/or browser add-ons will do it for you. Lotsa folks do it. But just because it is possible and popular to do, does not make it the right thing to do. Bottom-line: You are on your own. WTT will not recommend nor assist in the task. In anticipation of possible argument that the content is educationally oriented or available via creative commons, or even via "fair use"... OK. If you are a visitor, member or student, or associate of a site whose streaming media is something you wish to download and use offline, then call or write to the owner for permission and their recommendation of method. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.