Can anyone please let me know the software to download recorded webex video and then convert its format so that it can be played on any player?
I searched on net but couldn't find any.
Thanks doug but it seems that i have not explained my query in great way. Actually, i have a link to recorded webex session but i want to download that webex session to my hard disk so that i can view that session on computer with no net connection. Is it possible?
I don't know.
It appears to me that the various utilities available from that search, allow for Webex to be recorded-while-viewing, and then available on the computer for later "re"-viewing.
Didn't see anything that suggests a direct download of a webex file to your machine, for later viewing.
Rather, they all appeared to utilities that could "capture" the webex session, as it was "streaming."
But as I mentioned earlier, I have no experience with this situation.
Maybe someone who has, will contribute.
Best Regards
are you saying the webex session have already been recorded lets say on your works pc and you want to view them from say your home pc, so you have the link to your works pc but cant stream them to your home pc??
if so then i think you should be able to just do a file transfer of the webex recording to your pc first then watch it,
or as you first post asked, encode it to another format with something like webex editor after transfering the file from your works pc to your home pc:- http://www.question-defense.com/2010/05/15…p4-xvid-or-mpeg
Thanks Terry. I am glad that someone at least responded to this. Actually, I have slow net connection on my home pc so I want to download that webex file somehow and then take that file to my home to view it. We have a link to that recorded webex…is it possible somehow?
yes,
just told you how,
do a simple file transfer,
2 ways to do this, i'd think.
1:- plug a flash drive into the works pc and copy the file to it then take it home and copy it onto your pc.
2:- if work allows file sharing, connect to your works pc by internet and copy and paste the file from that pc to yours
according to the link provided above once the file is on your pc you can either watch the file as is, using webex's player or encode the file to something else using webex editor and watch it with any player you like.
if when you say you have a link to a recording, you mean the file is not actually on your works pc but is streamed to it, then you are going to have to re-record that stream yourself while watching it to create a file that you can use.
I think I am not explaining it well..We have a link to recorded Webex session. Now, when I click on that link, that webex session gets streamed from that server…that file is not on my work pc as you misunderstood….once the recorded file is downloaded on my pc…i will convert the format and take it to my home…
hope this explains the issue..