This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

connecting to internet via ethernet problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay, so I'm currently using a HP pavilion dv6915nr notebook PC that's running on windows vista. recently my area in southwestern ohio had a few day power outage, and obviously the internet also went out. I'm a student at a local university and I can connect to all the systems on my network through the ethernet cable, but Im only able to get local access, such as iTunes music sharing, etc. I know for a fact that the internet is back up here because my roomate is using it and so are a few other buddies of mine. My question is, did I accidently change a setting or what that would do this? I've spent a good 5 hours total googling and testing many different solutions without any luck. any help is appreciated!
Disconnect any ethernet cable, and deactivate the wireless card. click -start—-all programs—-accessories—-right-click command prompt, then choose "Run as Administrator" when the window opens, maximize it, then type ROUTE PRINT >c:\RouteTable.txt (then press [enter] ) you can open notepad and goto the root directory of C: and find and open RouteTable.txt and then copy into your reply. there is probably an extra 0.0.0.0 route that needs to be deleted. you can reactivate the card. Tallon41

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI