This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

do not currently have permission to access this folder

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Since I installed windows 7 on my pc and try to access various folders I get the message above. Changing the permissions works sometimes but not always. One I have found now is Local Settings. When I try to change the permissions I get the message 'An error occurred……Access is denied. Under the security tab all users have full control to this folder, but still it will not open. If it matters this particular folder is in the Aministrator Folder in Users in Windows Explorer. Anyone know why, or how I can resolve this with any folder like this. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Hello hedley93, Sorry to hear you're having problems. Just to clarify, are you trying to access folders that originated from a previous version of Windows? Cheers,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI