This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem opening PRIVATE marked folders

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello!!!! I am in desperate need of some help. here goes-I am using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2. On my hard drive i have two partitions-"C" for Windows and programs, and "D" for personal folders(music,pics,etc.). I have three other family members on this computer, so all folders on "D" were made private so we couldn't look at each others stuff. To make a long story short, I had to format "C" and re-install Windows. Now the problem-when I try to open the folders(including my own)on "D", I receive the window-message "ACCESS DENIED_PRIVATE FOLDER". How can I open these folders? Please, somebody, help me!!!!! Thanks!!!
Did you ever get a solution to this? I am in the exact same situation! If you were able to open the Private folders please let me know how. I would be forever grateful. Regards Carlos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI