This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

error message to many of them

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am trying to install some program ..so download on to desktop then open to run them then get message like " " unable to execute file in temporary folder directory.Setup aborted. Error 5 : access is denied. " or something like that : "window cannot acces the specified file , path, device. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" I am the only one running this pc ( their is only one account mine..) I am running vista home premium. would some body have an idea where the problem lies and how to correect it thanks
Are these programs - CPU-Z and Software Informer? When you attempt to run the .exe you should right-click and select "run as administrator" Let us know how you are coming along. Best Regards
hello Doug. Yes they are the program amd there is also WINRAR ..and I did try the administrator trick but no luck same message
Vista might also view it as a unsafe file (coming from another computer etc.) Rightclick the icon, properties, click the unblock button. Regards
hello Abydos well I tried that but still no result…any other idea thanks
Well I have searched for this and a few things came back, no idea what yours may be, but hopefully something here will help, or at least inspire a solution. One comment I saw said it happened after getting an infection called nhatquanglan (new folder virus), have you ran any scans to check for infection ? Another comment was aimed at Comodo, and maybe AVG, it wasn't too clear about how much of a actor this was, but they uninstalled Comodo and it allowed them to install. There was also a comment about removing the file from the temp folder and placing it on the desktop, then to try installing, you may not have privileges to access the folder it's in perhaps ? I also saw a suggestion about taking ownership of the problem folder, but admin rights did appear to have a factor in this, hope something here inspires a solution for you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI