This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Recycle Been Corrupted?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I keep getting a message every time I turn on my computer and log in, saying that the recycle bin on either the C drive or the D drive is corrupt. This is slightly confusing, and I have no clue what is going on.
Hello Agumon2011 and welcome back to the WTT forum.

Sorry to hear you are having new problems.

Before I ask for some logs to look at your system can you tell me if:
  • You have partitioned or formatted either drive recently?
  • You having any other problems with your computer?
Satchfan
Hey, Satchfan, I was hoping to get you again, you helped you out a lot last time :) I haven't partitioned or formatted any drives recently, when I got my computer it came partitioned already…I was going to because it was something I had learned in school, but I didn't even have to. I have had no other problems, other than my internet kicking out on me, but that was more of a router problem than a hardware problem.
OK Agumon2011 let’s have a look at the system

Run DDS

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.

DDS.scr
DDS.pif

• disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
• double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
• when done, DDS.txt will open.
• after a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
• save both reports to your desktop.
• Post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt reports in your next reply
===================================================

Run aswMBR• download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop
• double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
• click the "Scan" button to start the scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

Logs to include with next post:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt
aswMBR log


Thanks

Satchfan
Hello Agumon2011 It has been several days since I sent a reply to you about your computer problems. Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help. Thanks Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI