This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Repeated Active Desktop Recovery

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm getting more frequent (once a week) Active Desktop Recovery on my Dell Dimension Standup. Am on Windows XP. We use this machine as a home server; running the printer off of it, while the other devices in the house a wireless linked. I change the Regedit values to 0 as suggested on various blogs and it fixes the problem on a reboot. I receive a window: "The System has recovered from a serious error". The Error Signature on the more information click gives me: BCCode: 100000d1 BCP1: 244828aB BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 0000000000 BCP4: FO173D98 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product 768_1 View tecnnical information: the following files will be included in this error report: C:'document~1\owners\LOcals~1\Temp\WER184c.dir00\Mini0161811-01.dmp …same ….\sysdata.xml MS Word 2003 then comes up; and the last file I was working on is displayed (recovered). I'm runing Avira Antivirus Personal…which needs to be updated from ten days ago. and Last complete system scan was a month ago. Am not sure why it doesn't run more often.
It appears you are having a few problems. The system has recovered from a serious error message is the indicator that your system has done a "blue screen of death." This is pretty significant and should be addressed first. Those minidumps are placed in your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. They'll help us to diagnose what the issue is. Open My Computer, navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump. Grab the 5 most recent minidumps by holding the ctrl key and clicking each one to highlight it. Then, right-click one of them, click Send To -> compressed zip folder. Attach that zip file to your next post.

this may be the record for the longest time between a post. 

I put away the computer and was travelling.  I set it up again….and still have the problem (big surprise).  

would you please take a look at the compressed files. 

Or is there a better way to check this out. 

Or….should I be thinking about sending old bessy to computer heaven…?

….How do I attach a file to a WTT post?

For dump files, zip them up into a single .zip file. Only include the last 5 or so please.

 

Click on More Reply Options at bottom right of text input area.

Click the Browse button under Attach Files.

Navigate to the zip file you created and double click on  it.

Next click on Attach This File below the Browse button.

 

A bar will show above Attach Files with the name of what you uploaded. Click on Add toPost at the right.

That should do it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI