metjet
Topic Starter
Hi, I have been working online and my screen went black. The monitor was still on and working and so was the computer. I held the button and restarted. When it come back on I received and Error Signature as follows: BCCode:1000007f, BCP1:00000008 BCP2:80042000 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:768_1 I clicked further info: Windows\minidump\mini121305-01.dmp and C:\docume~1\owner\locals~\temp\wer4.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml for the files that info would be sent about. After that I was directed to the microsoft website and it stated that the microsoft report that the problem was a stop error caused by a device driver. It read further and checked what they told me to check the device drivers looking for one with a problem. I found a yellow exclamation on mrtRate. The instructions said to remove and reinstall the driver. Well I printed the instructions removed the device and restarted the computer and received the same error message. I tried to reinstall the hardware it did not find any new hardware and I looked through the list and didn't find a device listed by the same name. I didn't find a non-plug and play list either, I rechecked the device list and it is gone. Do I need this device and if so how do I get it back. Also, if this device is not the problem then how do I find out what it is. Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.