This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error occuring randomly at startup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

its happened only 3 or 4 times but i'm really worried that something serious is wrong. I start up my pc (winxp) and after i've logged in but before it finishes loading, a blue page pulls up and says that an error has occured and alot of other info that I can't read before it shuts down and restarts. The first and only time that I saw a prompt for the error, this is what it said in the details. (whoever reads this, thx for taking the time.) :notworthy: files included in error report C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER070a.dir00\Mini050708-01.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER070a.dir00\sysdata.xml error signature BCCode : 100000ce BCP1 : ED90E57C BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : ED90E57C BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1
Hi average1.

First thing to do is turn off automatic restart so when you get a BSOD (Blue screen error) you will be able to record the information to post here.

Right click on My Computer.
Click Properties / Advanced / Startup and Recovery Settings.
Uncheck box for "Automatically restart".

The other data you posted doesn't tell me much. May someone else though.

Also, if you zip the Mini050708-01.dmp file then upload it here, I can download it and take a look. I'm no expert dump reader but i may be able to glean some useful info from it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI