This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Inadvertent Shut Down repeatedly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently moved my dell Dimension 2300 standup computer under my table…and then it started inadvertently shutting down. The messages it displayed on boot up are: Microsoft Windeos – Error Signature BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 2448281B BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000 BCP4 : EFFCCD98 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1 Error Report Contents The following files will be included in this error report C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER758d.dir00\Mini102910-02.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER758d.dir00\sysdata.xml Is this a hardware problem?
Hello again Solo58.

Can you please use WinRAR to archive the minidump report and attach it in your next post.

I'll have a look and see what went wrong.


Cheers,
Nahumi
Well…just to make me look foolish…the computer has stopped inadvertently shutting down, and I can't find any .dmp report… I'm wondering if the problem "went away".
Problems like that rarely just "go away". To find the .dmp file, go to C:\Windows\Minidump Look for Mini102910-02.dmp and Mini102910-01.dmp. The last number tells me that it wasn't the only crash you have, so having both will come in handy.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI