This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Serious error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay heres another hard one. This pc was running fine for a bout 2 years. Installed the new windows service packs about 1 week ago and now it runs about 2 hours and while you are working it reboots, no warning message or anything. when it reboots here is the error message the system has recovered from a serious error. for more info. click here Error signature BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 6A020080 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001 BCP4 : 806EE72C OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1 to view technical info. … click here C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8dcf.dir00\Mini081705-01.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8dcf.dir00\sysdata.xml cant look at the dmp file: gave me garbage sysdata.xml only gave me info about my mbo and processor and installed devices and old devices. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Turn off system restore.. reboot.. turn it back on. That may work or may not. One thing though.. anything with the extension xml I would consider fishy.
Is that what that error is when it crashes. I did turn off system restore was going to post the xml file that was there but when I went to look at the file again it was gone folder and all so now I am baffled. Do not worry about this problem because I am about to format and reinstall. Thanks for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI