This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

JAVA UPDATE

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I hope you can help. A while back I thought I had an infected computer but it was more a matter of cleaning up a few things. However, in doing so, I discovered an issue with Java that never really got resolved. In trying to update to the newer version, I would always seem to get this error: Internal Error 2753. regutils.dll Then the install would abort and state to try later. It always returned the same message. Somehow, it wasn't through anything I did, I eventually got the update 25. Now 26 is out and I would like to install it. (I am having firefox issues with coupons, and thought this might help). Anyway, was wondering why I didn't automatically get this one either, so I went to the Java icon in my control panel to check the automatic updates setting. I can't open it. This is the message I receive: The system cannot find the registry key specified: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_24 So I went to the oracle site to manually download the new version and i receive the same internal error as above. I do not receive any error messages as to missing or out of date java. I am running windows xp with media center. As best I can tell I have no viruses or any malware of any kind. The previous tech in the malware forum could not resolve that issue, as it did not really show as anything wrong and my machine came back clean. The abort error or interrupted message is on the oracle FAQ but no solution is given there. Hoping someone here might have some direction on this. Thank you, Mickey7
This from the thread you suggested: "Next, I would open regedit and see if the following key is present: HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment If it is, delete it." It did not exist. Then: "Retry the install. If you still have an issue with the same message, then download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Once installed, find the program on your start menu and run it. Find and remove any Java Runtime listings you find. Verify one more time that the above mentioned registry key is still no longer present then try the installation again. As far as the problem referred to in this thread that should resolve the issue. " The same initial install error exists. Windows Installer Cleanup Utility installed fine, but did not find any Java Runtime line items. Just: "(All Users) Java Auto Updater [[removed]] (All Users) Java™ 6 Update 25 [6.0.200]" Now went back and ran the JavaMSIFix. It ran this time with no errors. Don't know what was different this time. JAVA installed successfully this time and also corrected my control panel situation. Now running on update 26. thank you all and give my thanks to appleoddity mickey7

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI