This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Trouble Updating Java

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I got a notice that I needed to reinstall / update Java. However, I keep getting an error. I have tried to uninstall Java with the Add / Remove Programs and JavaRa and Revo Uninstaller - and keep getting an error. I still cannot install an update. The error I keep getting it 2753 regutils.dll.

JavaRa did remove some files, but then I got an error. I got the 2753 error also with the Revo Uninstaller - then on the next step it listed several things to delete, but I clicked cancel because I wasn't sure if I should remove them if I got an error on the previous step.

I am not sure what to do.

I recently had a post on the spyware forum http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…985&st=0and the Windows forum http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=113187 - but that was resolved.

Thank you.
Thanks! I tried using this, but I am still getting the error message 2753 regutils.dll when I try to install Java. I also tried installing with the firewall and antivirus turned off. I also tried installing it in safe mode. But when I try to install it in safe mode it says the administrator won't let me make changes. When I logged in as administrator it is not on the desktop. So I tried to go back online and save it to the desktop in the administrator account - but when I go to user accounts, the account I have says it is the computer administrator. So I am not sure why there is another account for system administrator in safe mode that I can't access in regular mode.
free_spirit - can you please be more specific and provide all content related to the error message you are receiving - the exact wording and what you see?

free_spirit - can you please be more specific and provide all content related to the error message you are receiving - the exact wording and what you see?

Thanks for responding - But now my computer is not working at all. But the error message that kept popping up just kept telling me I had a 2753 regutils.dll error. Now my computer won't turn on at all. So I don't think my java needs updating at the moment. Dang!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI