This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java install issue

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I recently tried to learn Java, and install JDK, Later I quit, so i removed Jdk, and it all went to hell. First I couldn't remove java, then once I finally got it removed, I wanted to install a fresh version since my old one seemed to be broken. When I first tried to reinstall, it said Java is already installed on your machine. I had to go through my registry and delete some java files, and finally my computer is clean of java. At least it appears to be. So I went to install java, and I got this error: Windows Installer The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. I know for a fact I didn't do that, I even made sure to let java through all my anti virus. I read somewhere that it was a problem with my registry. It said there may be leftover information. I used regedit and searched for java, and couldn't find anything. Actually I did, and I deleted it, but that didn't fix it. I tried CCleaner to see if it would pick up anything. I also ran a virus scan just to be sure Any help would be helpful. I'm running on Windows 7
Thanks, I already took a look at the thread, and saw it wasn't for my specific problem. I tried it anyway, both downloads, and neither worked. I'll tell you exactly how my download goes. I download JRE from the java website, run it, accept the terms, and get through windows installer almost instantly. Then it brings up a screen and says installing java, with some ad about open office in the bottom, but the progress bar doesn't move, and after about 10 seconds, I get a error saying The administrator has set policies against this download. I read through the rest of the posts to see if my problem was solved later one, but I can't find anything. I'm going to try a system restore, to get back to my previous problem, and see if that fix works then. I'll get back to you.
Awesome! After i used system restore, and the batch file, I ended up with Java finally realized I don't have java, then Windows decided I did. How I fixed that, was I just downloaded the offline java for windows 64 bit, and it went through fine. It scared me for a bit there by stopping at "Extracting Installer" But after about 10 seconds, it worked. So YAY. Thank you Doug, and thank you WhattheTech.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI