This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Foxit reader

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys

I am going to install foxit reader and get rid of Adobe as recommended but I have a few questions (as the techno dummy I am lol)
Firstly, should I download foxit first then uninstall adobe or vica versa, Im gathering it doesnt really matter but Im always nervous when making changes to my PC lol.
Next, I shall be downloading from here http://foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/addons.php but which version do I use? (.exe) (.zip) or winzip?
Now which add ons would I be needing? Or would you recommend?
Ok, now for uninstalling Adobe, do I uninstall all instances of Adobe, or does foxit only replace adobe reader? (eg do I keep flash/shock player etc).
Any other advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Chrissy
always uninstall old programs first before installing replacements, that way you won't get any conflicts, no harm in downloading the program ready to be installed before uninstalling the old one tho. the program is the same in all .exe,zip, winzip just the install method is going to be slightly different for example the zip one will need downloading then unzipping to get to the .exe file needed to run and install the program. foxit only replaces the reader so keep the flash/shock player. no idea on what addons you'll want, never used it. :popcorn:
Hi,

In addition to terry's advise, be mindful also of Ask toolbar that comes with it. In my experience, sometimes it installs it whether you ticked it off or not.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI