I've read the recent posts from others about their Adobe download problems. My problem is similar in that I have been trying to update Adobe Flash Player and have not been able to.
I ran a quick file search and found 51 Documents/Files relating to Adobe. That sure seems like too many. Would you suggest I follow the directions (given by Doug) in the other post and delete all of the files and re-install the ones I need?. I just want to be sure before I attempt anything on my own.
I thank you in advance,
Beth
Adobe provides a variety of commonly used utilities, including
Adobe Reader <– allows user to display and read document of the .pdf format type (portable document file) Adobe Flash Player <– allows user's browser to display various "Flash" animated website displays and some games Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Player <– allows user's browser to display various animated website features
_________
51 Documents/Files relating to Adobe <– Some of these may be Documents that you have downloaded and wish to keep.
________________
When you use Control Panel Add/Remove to Uninstall Adobe Reader, your "Saved .pdf documents" will not be removed.
If you would like to install the more compact, but richly functional Foxit Reader to read your .pdf documents: Download to install Foxit Reader
________________
If you are having difficulty with browser functions on websites using either Flash Player or Macromedia Shockwave Player, you should go to the appropriate Adobe Website to obtain their Uninstall utility, prior to installing a fresh copy of either.
Thanks for the reply. I've went the "Uninstall Adobe" Flash Player route, with no luck. I spoke with a Rep. from Microsoft, who tried to troubleshoot it with me. She had me go through AOL, Mozilla, and IE to try the uninstall, and the download, with no luck. After an hour, she gave up. Her suggestion was to call DELL and see if they could help.
Now I have a pop up that shows everytime I change sites, that asks, "Do you want to allow Active X Plug Ins to run?". I keep clicking yes, but nothing happens. To add insult to injury, I can no longer see my pictures on Photo Bucket or view pages with pictures.
I am not as concerned with Adobe Reader or Adobe Shockwave, as I am the Flash Player. Would you please help me with the steps needed to get rid of the old files for flash.
Hi Again,
Edit my post to add that I did uninstall Adobe Reader, and while trying to download Foxit, I get this message, "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later".
This is the same message I got when trying to download the new Adobe Flash.
I will wait to hear from you.
Beth
Hi Eldize,
Glad you got it sorted through your own hard work and assistance from Microsoft.
For benefit of my own learning, and for other readers and Members who search these threads, it would be a kindness if you were able to describe the steps that led to solution in your situation.
Thanks for being a Member here at WTT Forums.
Best Regards
It turned out we could not fix the problem, but he took me through Control Panel, User Accounts, and set up a new user. This way we were able to download the new Flash. At first he was afraid it might be a problem with my hard drive, but was happy when I was able to successfully download things into my new User account. He recommended not transferring any data from my old user account, into this new one, as those files might be corrupt. I downloaded all the software into my new user account and everything is as good as new.