Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

2 inboxes after importing messages back to WLM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

I reinstalled windows 7 and imported my WLM email again. What I have found is that the inbox I had before I exported the mail is now in the storage folders of WLM and a new inbox has been made from the day I reinstalled windows. Is it possible to combine the 2 inboxes into one, keeping the emails in date order, or do I have to keep them as they are. If I have to check an email in the new inbox with a previous one in the old inbox, it gets a bit labourious and sometimes confusing to go back & forward between them. Just for information, my WLM account was set up using what turned out to be a non-genuine windows disc. I have reinstalled from a new windows 7 disc this time. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

As far as I can remember, WLM has in Inbox for all incoming mail, which combines incoming e-mails from all accounts. Are you sure you're not just mixing up the individual account inbox and the multiple account inbox? Or does it show two multiple account inboxes? (I haven't had a look at WLM for about 3 months, so they may have changed things. I'll reinstall it and have a closer look by the time you reply) Cheers, Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#3 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to explain what I mean. WLM has an Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, Junk Mail, Deleted Items as standard. All these folders were exported at the time. Now that I have reinstalled WLM, these folders are there as they are by default when WLM is first set up. Then I imported the folder I had exported. Under Storage Folders (in large blue letters) I have Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items. Below that there is Imported Folder. When that is extended, it gives my mail address: btinternet.com folder. When that is extended, there is: Deleted Items, Drafts, INBOX, Junk Email, Sent Items, Outbox. Below that is Storage folders again (in black letters just as it is here). Extending this gives all the folders I had exported. Thus I have 2 inboxes, one that is created in WLM when installed and holds my mail since WLM was reinstalled and one that has been imported holding all my mail I had before I reinstalled. I hope this goes someway to explaining the situation clearer. If there is any other detail you need, please ask. Thanks for the help hedley