I reinstalled windows 7 and imported my WLM email again.
What I have found is that the inbox I had before I exported the mail is now in the storage folders of WLM and a new inbox has been made from the day I reinstalled windows.
Is it possible to combine the 2 inboxes into one, keeping the emails in date order, or do I have to keep them as they are. If I have to check an email in the new inbox with a previous one in the old inbox, it gets a bit labourious and sometimes confusing to go back & forward between them.
Just for information, my WLM account was set up using what turned out to be a non-genuine windows disc. I have reinstalled from a new windows 7 disc this time.
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
hedley
As far as I can remember, WLM has in Inbox for all incoming mail, which combines incoming e-mails from all accounts.
Are you sure you're not just mixing up the individual account inbox and the multiple account inbox?
Or does it show two multiple account inboxes?
(I haven't had a look at WLM for about 3 months, so they may have changed things. I'll reinstall it and have a closer look by the time you reply)
Cheers,
Nahumi
Thanks for the reply.
I'll try to explain what I mean. WLM has an Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, Junk Mail, Deleted Items as standard. All these folders were exported at the time.
Now that I have reinstalled WLM, these folders are there as they are by default when WLM is first set up. Then I imported the folder I had exported.
Under Storage Folders (in large blue letters) I have Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items. Below that there is Imported Folder. When that is extended, it gives my mail address: btinternet.com folder. When that is extended, there is: Deleted Items, Drafts, INBOX, Junk Email, Sent Items, Outbox.
Below that is Storage folders again (in black letters just as it is here). Extending this gives all the folders I had exported.
Thus I have 2 inboxes, one that is created in WLM when installed and holds my mail since WLM was reinstalled and one that has been imported holding all my mail I had before I reinstalled.
I hope this goes someway to explaining the situation clearer. If there is any other detail you need, please ask.
Thanks for the help
hedley
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI