This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Reversing Vista Windows Mail w/ Yahoo

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently started using Vista's new Windows Mail feature, and using YPOPs, I transferred everything from my Yahoo! Inbox and folders to Windows Mail. I'm not so satisfied with the program now, and I was wondering if there was any way to reverse what I did and put all of my e-mails back in my Yahoo inbox. Thanks
Can we believe that you still have your "Contacts" in Yahoo?
If not you will have to rebuild your Contacts, one by one.

Yahoo offers these instructions for setting up ability to receive, read, send from other email account, using the Yahoo interface.
http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=9343

Be sure you pay attention to options that relates to whether you wish a copy of emails from external accounts to be saved on that external account, or just saved at Yahoo.

# Leave mail on POP server: Specify whether messages retrieved to your AT&T Yahoo! account will also remain in your external mail account, or whether you want them deleted from your external mail server.
Note: Checking this box means that you intend for mail to stay in your external account AND in your Yahoo! account. If you do not check this box, the mail received from your external mail account to your Yahoo! Mail account will be deleted from your external mail account.
# Retrieve new messages only: Specify whether AT&T Yahoo! Mail retrieves only the new messages in your external mail account, or all messages. Note: Checking this box means that your old emails will stay in your external mail account and only the new emails received to your external mail address will be sent to your Yahoo! account. If you do not check this box, all old and new emails to your external mail account will be sent to your AT&T Yahoo! Mail account.

Hi Doug, Thanks for the reply, but I couldn't open the page because you have to log in with an AT&T account. Is the quote you posted everything I need to know?
No.
It doesn't give you all the information (steps you need to take) to set up your Yahoo to access other accounts.

GoTo: Your own Yahoo account (log in), navigate to My Account. Then explore around in the help topics. The topic that seems most relevant to your project is in the More Help section.

My sbcYahoo account options may be different from yours since I directly subscribe to Yahoo as part of my ISP subscription (ATT).
But yours should have similar information.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI