Hello,
I have my email set up with the Windows Live Mail Client. One of my email addresses works perfectly well (@btconnect.com) but the other which is an AOL account is the problem. Though I can send and receive email, if I wish to refer to them in either the 'Sent' or 'Received' folders, I am unable to acces them on my Windows Live Mail client. I receive the attached errot messages when I initiall log in to my Windows Live Mail which I don't fully understand. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
NormanR
Chances are that either you didn't correctly enter all the details for the account, or AOL doesn't fully support all the features that are part of the IMAP Protocol.
At the bottom it does state some of the limitations that they have imposed on using other software to manage your e-mails. Chances are that this is probably causing a few problems.
My advice for now would be to delete the account from Windows Live Mail and follow the instructions to set up the account again. Failing that, it might be an idea to contact AOL directly for full clarification of any restrictions they put on using other e-mail clients.
If they reply by saying that it should all work properly, we'll have a closer look at the problem.
Hello Nahumi,
Given that I am able to receive and send messages on WLM anyway, I assume the setup has been correctly dealt with. I'll have a word with AOL help and see what thye ahve to say.
Thanks for your help.
NormanR
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI