Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows Live Mail Client

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NormanR

NormanR

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hello, I have my email set up with the Windows Live Mail Client. One of my email addresses works perfectly well (@btconnect.com) but the other which is an AOL account is the problem. Though I can send and receive email, if I wish to refer to them in either the 'Sent' or 'Received' folders, I am unable to acces them on my Windows Live Mail client. I receive the attached errot messages when I initiall log in to my Windows Live Mail which I don't fully understand. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, NormanR

Attached Thumbnails

• WLM_1.JPG
  • WLM2.JPG

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hello NormanR,

Chances are that either you didn't correctly enter all the details for the account, or AOL doesn't fully support all the features that are part of the IMAP Protocol.

After doing a bit of research, AOL does have a full set of instructions :
http://info.aol.co.u...ther_email.html

At the bottom it does state some of the limitations that they have imposed on using other software to manage your e-mails. Chances are that this is probably causing a few problems.

My advice for now would be to delete the account from Windows Live Mail and follow the instructions to set up the account again. Failing that, it might be an idea to contact AOL directly for full clarification of any restrictions they put on using other e-mail clients.

If they reply by saying that it should all work properly, we'll have a closer look at the problem.

I hope that helps a bit,
Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#3 NormanR

NormanR

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hello Nahumi, Given that I am able to receive and send messages on WLM anyway, I assume the setup has been correctly dealt with. I'll have a word with AOL help and see what thye ahve to say. Thanks for your help. NormanR