Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91703 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

lost all wlm folders

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

I opened WLM today, checked some mail and clicked to delete the items in the deleted folder. WLM came up as 'not responding'. I opened task manager to close the programme, but when it opened, wlm had lost the 'not responding' in the top bar and just read wlm. The programme in task manager as not reponding was the deleted items in wlm. I clicked to close the programme and every storage folder I have has disappeared. :pullhair: I only have wlm own folders - inbox, sent items etc. I had hundreds of messages in those folders, a lot of which were brought in from xp by windows easy transfer software . In fact, I was just going to look if there was a programme I could use to backup wlm after I read the new messages. Guess I should have done that first! Anyone know what would cause this to happen or if there is any way I can get my folders back? System restore would hardly help as it does not affect email anyway. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,781 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

The first thing I would do is run chkdsk /r to see if there is any file system corruption. Good tutorial here: How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. I ran chkdsk on my c:\ drive and the results said the drive was clean. Is there anything else I can check out? Thanks for the help. hedley

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,781 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

I don't use WLM so can't help much but I've asked our tech helpers if any of them have any idea how to help.

Rich

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

Not getting any help. Let me see what I can find.

Hmmm, take a look at this, see if it helps: Lost Local Folders

Rich

#6 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:17 AM

Ztrucker, thanks for the reply. That's a very interesting find and one I have marked. What I have done is import my messages again from the last export. It means going through the messages again and whittling them down to the necessary ones, but if the same thing happens again I will certainly try your suggestion first. I think when I get them in order I will do another export of the account, just in case! I've read about a backup programme for WLM, called WLM Backup, but it sounds complicated. Unfortunately, there were no screen shots to follow that might have been easier to understand. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

I found this one for WLM backup, includes a lot of screen shots: Static Windows Live Mail Backup

Rich