This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v1.0

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew the latency (lag) response of this particular keyboard. If not, Im sure someone can give a rough estimate since it still uses the hub, is by microsoft. I was just wondering because I want to get more serious into starcraft. And I already know i have to get a new mouse. I just assume the latency is garbage, because it still uses a cord + hub + wireless.
serious gamers would never use a wireless keyboard or mouse, even if the latency is very small it's still an extra latency you don't want. :popcorn:
I agree with terry1966, going for a wireless keyboard and mouse is a bad idea if you're into gaming. Using a hub will make it that much worse. You want to be looking at "gamer" grade hardware, which is going to cost you from about £100 / $150 upwards. A couple of manufacturer's to consider are Razer (they make some nice keyboards and mice) and Mad Cats (especially the Cyborg R.A.T series). Whatever keyboard you end up choosing you want to keep an eye out for ghosting (ie. how many keys you can press at once), the type of keys and programmable macro's. You will find all of these features on gaming keyboards and mice.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI