This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

wireless keyboard missing keystrokes

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This sounds like an easy one to answer I'm sure. You might suggest new batteries, moving the keyboard closer to the receiver, driver updates… …but I've tried all of those and to be honest I was pretty sure that none of them would fix the problem - because the problem only occurs when using Internet Explorer e.g. I've had real bother typing this message, whereas I could have typed it in Word no problem. The keyboard is a MS Wireless Keyboard 3000 v1.0 if that helps… Any help much appreciated as this is driving me mad!
Hi and welcome to WTT :). Off the top of my head no harm repositioning the optical receiver so it is a minimum of 8 - 10" away from other electrical devices or anything metal based as sometimes this can cause a issue such as yours.
Hi there Dakeyras and thanks for replying to my post. I have previously tried repositioning the receiver, but it didn't help. In any case, the problem only occurs when entering text into a web based application within Internet Explorer - which is very weird. I can type away at high speeds within Word or any other application with no problems, but typing a message like this is a painful experience! Any other ideas?
Hi, I see you have posted an HJT log in the malware removal forum, and this was a wise move for you to make. It would not be sensible for us to offer any recommendations or system changes until your log has been analysed by an expert malware fighter, and after disinfection your machine declared clear. So if you can try and be patient, whilst waiting for a response (although I know it can tough especially when you suspect that your machine is infected. ) Sometimes the number of folks requesting detailed recommendations and advice on cleaning their machines exceeds the number of volunteer malware fighters available…..however please be assured that they will get to your post and respond to it as soon as they possibly can. Once your machine has been declared clear, please post back here in this thread if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help Regards paws
Happy to close this thread now as the wireless keyboard issue was directly connected to the problem listed in my other thread - i.e. sincethe infection was removed everything has been fine. Thanks to all who helped.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI