This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win 7 x 64 backup and restore

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After backing up to my usb drive, I noticed, in Computer, that each of the three results(File and folders) displayed "empty folder" when I hover my cursor over them. However, when I click to view the backups it says the C:, system image is 23.46 GB. I do not understand this; am I backed up or not?

After backing up to my usb drive, I noticed, in Computer, that each of the three results(File and folders) displayed "empty folder" when I hover my cursor over them.
However, when I click to view the backups it says the C:, system image is 23.46 GB.
I do not understand this; am I backed up or not?


Not sure if you found an answer to this yet, but one thing I would have to ask is how big is your HD and second if Windows used a compression ratio to back all the files, would kinda make me think something did not do right or that may be the right size.

Mabey google to see what gives or not.

Jimbo1
I cannot explain the previous post but I performed a backup and the folders should not say empty. I recovered and it was fine so perhaps i made some error during the process. Thank you for the reply, however.

I cannot explain the previous post but I performed a backup and the folders should not say empty.
I recovered and it was fine so perhaps i made some error during the process.
Thank you for the reply, however.


Np sometimes things as we say are a fluke

Have a good day

Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI