Win 7 Home Premium, x 64.
After a backup of my system and some files to my usb drive, I checked out the size of the folders in 'Computer'.
Within Computer>My Book>backup folders and a file, as I hover my cursor over each, the first two say " empty folder" and the third says, "x amount of KB".
Could you please explain this?
Thank you
I went to the backup and restore page and after setting some preferences, I clicked backup. It took about 25 minutes.
I am used to seeing Acronis and Macrium so I am treading lightly. Acronis was a mess for me and Macrium continues to be a strong, straight forward reliable program.
I would appreciate some guidance with Win 7 B + R.
Thank you
My guidance would be to not use it, but stick with Macrium or Acronis True Image 2010 (not 2011).
It's slow and seems prone to errors from what I've read.
I guess my limitations contribute to my having issues with restoring. I try to simulate catastrophe rather than backup and "wait to see if it works."
When I got my pc the system restore was off and nothing would budge. I have had to work lots to get it to work. Turning it off them back on seemed to really help.I could finally move the slide bar without gettting an error message.
Acronis used to be good until the last backup. Then I went from 15 minutes to 30 minutes to backup.
Macrium has helped me three times and failed me once.
I have consumed so much time and energy that I hardly get responses about the problems.
That is a clue to me to stop and settle with what I have.
Currently system restore seems to be functional, Macrium seems to be working. Also I do have my 2 dvds I created when I first got the machine to restore to factory settings. I have used all of these and things seems to be OK.
I have tendency to be over enthusiastic about "how" something works, therefore I persevere, at times too much.
I have received more that ample support especially in this forum for which I am appreciative.
About the 15 to 30 minute Acronis change, was that for an incremental backup or a full backup? If full, 30 minutes is about right. Mine take 45 minutes but I'm backing up data from 4 partitions totaling about 98GB (backup size).
All of the backups are full soI think the time is as it should be.
I do not know why all backups are longer since the new version.
The most puzzling one is the original one which used to be 8 minutes and even that is 30".
I am not going to try to figure out the why's but will find the easiest way to accomplish a task and stick with it, for the time being at least.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI