This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

size to image

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hello

Acknowledging that all is on one drive, is there any evidence that I have two installations of Windows or any other reason why my image material will be as large as it is. It is OK with me if it is valid and will recover, as it has been doing, but it is large.

I have 3 GB's of restore points.

TY

Peter

well the first picture shows the c drive as about 465GB in size with about 32GB used.

2nd picture shows the c drive as about 48GB in size with about 35Gb used

 

so lets take the 32Gb as the correct amount of data on the drive, so with no compression then an image would be at least 32GB in size, with compression saving say about a 3rd of space the image would be about 22GB,

 

so an image size anywhere near 22GB in size i'd say was about right.

 

can't say anything there makes me believe you have 2 installations of the windows os installed.

 

sorry can't compare things with a windows 10 install of my own so can't really add anything else like if the 32GB is unusually large or about normal for an os with about 8GB of user files and programs installed (if i'm reading that treesize correct.). maybe someone who runs win10 will answer that question for you.

 

will add in my experience something that can use a lot of space over time are logs.

 

:popcorn:

 

see if this link helps you save some space you haven't already tried saving. (especially tip 2.) :- http://www.windowscentral.com/5-tips-free-hard-drive-space-windows-10-pc

Thank you for the link and sorry about the error with the C:\. I have 500 GB derive.

Macrium uses medium compression which I could change but would rather not as it 'ain't broke'.

 

Off topic, do you know of a proper desktop mail client I could use to drag or download an email to disc? I thought Win 10 mail was just that but nt so. I tried Thunderbird but it was clumsy for me. I do not want to pay for MS Office Outlook.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI