This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Photo Gallery problem

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have many pictures and for some reason most of them open up in windows photo editor. I want them to open in Windows Photo Gallery. However when I set the picure to open in Windows Photo Gallery as the default program it won't open the picture. It opens this…

[external image: Posted Image]

Then I have to add the entire folder to Windows Photo Gallery in order to view that pic. In XP ALL the photos regardless of format opened in Windows Photo Gallery including GIF's. This really gets on my nerves and those idiots at Microsoft should have known better than to mess with a good thing. :angry: The same thing hasppens in Windows 7 too. :smack:

My question is how do I make all the photos show up in Photo Gallery without having to add each and every folder? When you add the pic to Photo Gallery and dbl click it it just goes to the very last pic you viewed. Someone help me figure this out. I don't understand how this could have been so simple in XP, but so ridiculous in Vista. :wall: :scratch:

Also does anyone know how to make GiF's actually show movement in Vista? In the Photo Gallery they are shown but there is no action and then you have to open them in Faststone Image Viewers. Microsoft Numbskulls. sigh. :pullhair: :smack:


Thanks. :thumbup:
Are you sure you want individual pictures to open in Windows Photo Gallery? To me, that is more of an album/organizational program. Any chance you meant Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?

Are you sure you want individual pictures to open in Windows Photo Gallery? To me, that is more of an album/organizational program.

Any chance you meant Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?


Thanks for you guys's replies. Ok maybe I did mean Windows Picure and fax viewer. Maybe that was the program in xp I was thinking of. How do you bring that program up in Vista? I tried searching it in the start search box, but nothing came up. Do you have a link to it? If so please let me know because I'd like to be able to see all of my pics in one place without that headache Windows Photo Album.

Looks like you were right, see here: How do I get Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in Windows Vista?

Windows Photo Gallery is the Vista replacement for Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. In Win 7 it's called Windows Photo Viewer and is identical to the XP WPFV.


What?! This is ridiculous! Those stupid fools at Microsoft! :smack: :angry: Ztruker do you know of a way to make this easier? In the picture and fax viewer everything showed up even gifs, no problem. Now most of pics don't show up in Photo gallery. They show up in the stupid photo editor and the windows metafiles just show an icon and not the pic.

Can you tell me how to?

Make all the pics show up in photo gallery and not have to add each individual folder?

Make the windows metafiles show up as pictures and not as Icons?

Make gifs show up in photo gallery and have movement?

They are so stupid at Microsoft. I'd be really grateful if you could help me Ztruker.

Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI