This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

photo gallery

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Ladys and Gentlemen, I am looking for a bit of help with Widows Photo Gallery working on Windows Vista home.If I go to start I get Windows Photo Gallery and if I go from there I get my photos in no order just from date taken. Going back to start in the next column I can see pictures,I click on there and it opens my picure files,about 3000 pictures in 35 files. Going back to start again I see Picasa,I click on that and it opens.That is the one I use and want to use. In these 35 files I have they would be,Home,Renovations,Family,Birtdays,Christmas etc etc.I also have Travel and that has Thailand,Cambodia,Singapore etc. Now my problem.I only want to use Picasa,not Windows Photo Gallery.I would like to remove it if that is a good idea. Also in the travel there is one called Adults Only.I think Picasa can lock that one so it is not visable.It is just when my grandkids come to visit me the first thing ask is if they can use the computer.I just do not want them to be able to access the file.How can I stop that, Any help appreciated, Best Wishes, Mick
Password Protect your Username Profile and select to have your files Private Create a new UserName Profile for the kids to use. If you wish to use Picasso instead of Windows Photo Gallery, you may be able to change the default associations. For instance, you may have previously selected to "always" use Windows Photo Gallery to view images. Go into Windows Photo Gallery and have a look at tools, settings, or options. I am not familiar with what the actual setting would be, or where precisely to find it. _________________- An alternate route might be in Windows Explorer - File Types Scroll to the file type: for instance .bmp, .jpg, etc. Select the file type by highlighting it with one click. The select "change" in the "open with"details" Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI