One second I reboot my computer the next time this error pops up! 105-unsupported wireless broadband device detected? I didn't even touch my "broadband" card? My Laptop is a DV2910US. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
From what I can see that system comes with inbuilt Wi-Fi, my best guess as to whats happening is that the Wi-Fi starts with the system (with it's own connection utility), and automatically looks for connections, and what you're seeing is the results of that, although you must live in a well populated area to get that many hits if this is whats happening, because the Wi-Fi can only reach x distance, so they all have to be close to you.
There are 2 possible solutions if this is the case, 1st is if you have a wireless router that you can connect via, set the Wi-Fi to connect to that, this way it wont have to search for a connections it has been told what to look for, 2nd is stop the utility loading at start up, the safest way to do this is with WinPatrol, it allows you to safely remove or disable start up items (open it and click on the Start Up Programs tab for a list), and my hope is that removing the Wi-Fi utility from starting with the system you wont get such messages again, not unless you search for a connection, assuming I have got it right anyway, hope it helps.
I can't even boot in to the computer, I did a little research and it something about a whitelist of wireless cards. But when I remove the card the error still comes!
If the laptop won't start it suggests that the hardware is faulty. If so, this poses a significant fire hazard. My suggestion at this point would be to open up the laptop case, making sure you ground yourself to reduce the chances of electrostatic damage, and to clean out any dust. This can often be the cause of a hardware failure. Obviously make sure that you turn the laptop off, unplug it from the wall and take out the battery before you open the case.
What concerns me a little about the error message is that it's not a 'broadband' card. It's a wireless LAN card. It's very unusual for a utility to mix up the different concepts of WAN and LAN in an error…
Do you have a 3G Dongle that you plug in to access the internet?
It's usually down to dust build up. Although this tends to happen gradually over time, it is possible that the building up of heat, due to the dust reducing the effectiveness of heat dissipating solutions such as 'heat sinks' and 'case fans', caused the chip within the wi-fi card to malfunction. In worst case scenarios, the heat that any given component creates becomes high enough to create a spark. This is usually when you get the dreaded 'blue smoke' which usually signifies the untimely death of an electronic components. If there's a lot of dust around, it is possible for it to ignite when this happens.
This is why it's always important to check whether your laptop is in tip-top shape. Like a car, you have to maintain any electrical product, especially laptops.
I honestly think you need to check the hardware before trying to find a software solution.