Starting about 3 days ago, I have had intermittent internet connection. My wifi will pick up the available networks but will not let me connect. When I try to connect and run the troubleshooting it tells me to reset the router. After continually trying to connect with the internet connection, it will eventually connect. This only happens on my laptop, as I have a desktop where the internet connection is unaffected.
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Wireless adapter: Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Janelle
Is your desktop wireless? Are there any other devices that are wireless that are or are not having trouble?
If other devices can connect to the wireless without issue then something has probably changed on your laptop. Possibly a recent windows update changed the driver.
I suggest you go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest driver for your wireless adapter if you have confirmed that your laptop is the only device with connectivity issues via wireless. Otherwise, it might be your router - you can try a firmware update, changing wireless channels, or adjusting some of the wireless / security settings to stabilize things.