This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Can not renew IP address/Create Socket Error!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok…I have a problem with my Toshiba laptop computer. I'm not sure why the problem started or what initially set it off! When I turn on my computer I am immediately prompted by a message with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point in side which says CFSServ on the title bar, and inside the box it says: Create Socket Error (0x0000277A). You must click ok, so I do and another similar box pops up but the inside message reads: Listen Error. I click ok, and another box opens up saying: Recv socket InitConnect Error. So obviously the computer will not connect to the wireless network…. When I go to repair the wireless network it runs the test and almost finishes, but then sends a response of: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address. I'm getting sooooo frustrated!!! How can I fix this?!!?! Some one please help!! By the way, I have uninstalled and installed the wireless card twice….and I've tried the release/refresh of the ipconfig a couple times too! If you have any suggestions please help!!
Thank you both so much for your help! The download actually worked! yey! This makes me so happy!! Thanks again!
Hi. I had exactly the same issue in XP after using Norton Internet Security for some time. The download corrected the problem. Thanks :notworthy:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI