Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can not renew IP address/Create Socket Error!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oneofakindgal86

oneofakindgal86

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

Ok...I have a problem with my Toshiba laptop computer. I'm not sure why the problem started or what initially set it off! When I turn on my computer I am immediately prompted by a message with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point in side which says CFSServ on the title bar, and inside the box it says: Create Socket Error (0x0000277A). You must click ok, so I do and another similar box pops up but the inside message reads: Listen Error. I click ok, and another box opens up saying: Recv socket InitConnect Error. So obviously the computer will not connect to the wireless network.... When I go to repair the wireless network it runs the test and almost finishes, but then sends a response of: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address. I'm getting sooooo frustrated!!! How can I fix this?!!?! Some one please help!! By the way, I have uninstalled and installed the wireless card twice....and I've tried the release/refresh of the ipconfig a couple times too! If you have any suggestions please help!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:57 AM

Read through this Microsoft link and see if it can give you any assistance...
To set up automatic wireless network configuration

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??

#3 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

might try:

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#4 oneofakindgal86

oneofakindgal86

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

Thank you both so much for your help! The download actually worked! yey! This makes me so happy!! Thanks again!

#5 Kronborg

Kronborg

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

Hi. I had exactly the same issue in XP after using Norton Internet Security for some time. The download corrected the problem. Thanks :notworthy: