This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

card readers

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an Olympus Camedia 580D Zoom caamera and the xD card does not fit into my new Dell XPS 8100 or my digital pictuue frame. there and adapter that will solve this? Should I be using an SD card? Thank you
Hi Doug This is good to know and I will pick one up. Ironically, and in the light of day, I noticed my new pc has an xD slot that functions. As for the digital picture frame, I confess I tried the card without plugging it in. With power on, the xD card works fine. I guess with the picture frames, you must take all picture,say 16, on one card and insert it into the frame. This precludes having pictures of family you cannot take a picture of due to distance. I cannot think of a way to import a picture onto a card. Thank you for the help and a healthy New Year to you.

Hi Doug
This is good to know and I will pick one up.
Ironically, and in the light of day, I noticed my new pc has an xD slot that functions.
As for the digital picture frame, I confess I tried the card without plugging it in. With power on, the xD card works fine.
I guess with the picture frames, you must take all picture,say 16, on one card and insert it into the frame. This precludes having pictures of family you cannot take a picture of due to distance.
I cannot think of a way to import a picture onto a card.
Thank you for the help and a healthy New Year to you.



Hey GrampyPete,

As for the digital picture frame, I confess I tried the card without plugging it in. With power on, the xD card works fine.


I know what you mean. My toaster doesn't work so well in the morning if I don't plug it in either. :D

As for "importing" a picture onto the cared… Can you SAVE To: or Send To: the xd Card?
When I saved as or, send to, the images appeared on the card while in the pc but when in the picture frame or the camera, there were no pictures. I formatted the cards in the camera but I don't think you can write to a card.
Peter,

You may be specifically correct, and generally wrong.

It is possible to save to XD cards, but there is no guarantee that the Camera will be able to read the newly saved file.

Your camera probably has an Editing software available.
Read about it carefully, and you may find how to better interact with the save function.

Here's a promotional article about various of the risks, with little in the way of explanation or solution.
But it may get you on the right track.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/crm/oneoffpa…k_oly_11_08.asp

You should investigate the brand of software that came with your computer.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI