Hello all,
I'm sorry if this doesn't fit the thread but I didn't see any other obvious place to post the question. My wife is a teacher and she took our Canon HD video camera to school and filmed 75 students wishing Merry Christmas to their parents. She diligently copied and dragged all 75 files into WMM, adding transitions and music. However, when it comes time to publish her video (15 minutes worth) it is failing to publish without giving a specific reason. Through process of elimination I've determined that the MTS files of the children are the problem. My question is this….is it possible to upload some codec or converter that will let us publish her movie as is? Research as shown me that I can individually convert each file into an mpg or wmv file or something else that WMM likes, but I'm trying to avoid the task of having to essentially start from scratch. Especially because I've now logged more hours on this task than my wife has! I was briefly her hero for figuring out that I had to convert her mpeg4 audio files into wma's in order to use them in WMM, but now that success has been erase by this latest SNAFU.
PLEASE HELP! TIME is OF THE ESSENCE! SHE NEEDS THIS BY WEDNESDAY!
To this point, I've downloaded FFDSHOW mpeg-4 codec, which allows us to view an MTS file in Windows Media Player, but the publishing is still failing.
~jeff
Right, but WMM probably doesn't like editing .mts files. That's why I recommended converting them to .wmv files instead. I suggest importing the original .mts file, putting it on the timeline and saving it as a movie (.wmv). Now use the .wmv instead of the .mts file.
or if that's not what your wanting how about trying handbrake :- http://handbrake.fr/
Hi jeff! You can convert mpeg4 audio files into wma easily using Video Converter Assist. I have used this program for several years and it supports most common video/audio formats. If you want to upload the video online, mp4 or flv are the prefered format. Most video sharing website like YouTube and Facebook also use FLV format.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI