This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

windows movie maker

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hey all! I was making a movie on windows movie maker. I added many photos to the video as sound clips to the video. It was all done and the total duration for the movie was around 14 minutes. After that i tried to publish the movie but when i tried to publish, it processed well till 75 % but then suddenly it stops and give following error: "video can not be published due to some missing files" I tried every file which i added in the movie but every file was available and properly saved in a folder. Now i am totally messed up and have no idea what to do now :( please please help me if any such mishap happened with you earlier. I need help badly. Thanks
"video can not be published due to some missing files" Does it tell you what files it is missing ? One thing I would try to rule out to make sure Windows Movie maker is not messed up, make a real short movie and try to publish it, this will I think tell you if movie maker is working or corrupted. If movie maker works, it may be the files you were using to make the first movie that your getting the error msg on might be messed up.
I tried to make a short movie and it went well. Then i rechecked all the files which i added in the previous long movie and they were all there. But some are placed inside some folders, i copied all of them in one single folder and added them again to the windows movie maker. Then click on the publish movie and it went well. But it took almost my whole day :(
Cool, glad all went well, good to know you did not have a software problem. Glad I was able to help a little, usually when something like this happens, I sometimes retrace my steps to make sure I did not bo bo or something, I do that a lot with power point. Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI